Shimla, capital of Himachal Pradesh offers much more than sightseeing destinations. I travelled through tourism places in and around shimla to explore food, temples, sightseeing locations.
If you are planning Shimla trip, then this video can help you as a Tourism guide.
Through this food journey you will notice an Itinerary that you can follow for your shimla tour.
This will also help you list out things as must visit places in Shimla and shimla food specialty.
I visited some of the oldest food joints which are very famous among locals, plus some of the new ones selling Himachali traditional food in Shimla mall road..
Following is the name and address of food joints and places visited by me during my Shimla journey.
If you would like to support visa2explore you do that here:
1. Sita Ram & Son: About 70 year old shop famous located at 10 min distance from Mall road.
Chana Luchi – Rs 40
Address – MC Compex, Near Regal Building, Lakkar Bazar, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171001
2. Himachali Rasoi: This shop opened about 3 years back, one of the few food joints in shimla selling Himachali food.
Mandyali Dham Thali – Rs 230
Address – 54, Middle Bazaar, shimla
3. Indian Coffee House : Old and famous coffee shop, serves snacks and coffee. This place is a landmark for variety of reasons.
Tray coffee – Rs 38
Address – Mall Rd, Ram Bazar, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171001
4. Trishool Bakers : Very famous bakery in Shimla, established 1959.
Japanese – 45 Rs
Address – Trishool Bakers, near gitti theatre
5. Jakhoo Temple: When Hanuman ji was going to Himalya’s for sanjeevani booti, he stopped at this hill for rest, since these its been ages that this temple is popular.
This temple 4 km from shimla, Can also use trolley at Rs. 250 per person
6. Mehru’s sweets: Famous for pure ghee sweets, i was also told that there jalebi and dooh is popular but when i visited there could not find it. Noticed chaat there – had bhalla papdi there.
Bhalla Papdi Rs. 50
Address: 99-100, lower bazar, shimla
7. Nathuram Lachhman Das: This is also a very old shop famous for sweets made with desi ghee. I was looking for jalebi and milk and found it here at this shop.
This milk with jalebi is available here till 7.30 pm.
Doodh Jalebi Rs. 70
Address: lower bazar, shimla
8. Hotel White: Sharing information about the hotel where i stayed in Shimla. I missed mentioning in the video, that this hotel does not have restaurant. If you need tea or snacks they make it available but from morning 7.30 am to evening 9 pm only.
Tariff: Rs. 2,464 for double occupancy
Address – Lakkar Bazar, Mall Road, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171001
9. Indian Institute Of Advanced Study: During British time this place was called as summer capital of Viceroy, later was convered as Rashtrapati Bhavan and now its Indian institute of foreign trade.
Lot of areas here is not open for public access, still viewers should visit this and enjoy the architecture.
During British time, this place was summer residence of viceroy of India. Later it became Rashtrapati Bhavan and it is known as Indian Institute Of Advanced Study.
10. Mehru’s Sweets: I enjoyed Poori chole here in breakfast. This place is about 6 kms from shimla mall road.
Poori Chole Rs. 60
Address: kachi ghati, shimla
11. Sankat Mochan Temple: This temple of Hanuman ji has been built by Baba Neem karori ji Maharaj..
5 km from Shimla and approximately 6 km from kachi ghati
If you are planning to travel to Manali or Rohtang pass, you may refer to the video on visa2explore, link below:
Rohtang pass: https://goo.gl/SmX2XP
Manali places to visit: https://goo.gl/cEiBrG
Should you have any query on places to visit in Shimla or Shimla food, please feel to write back in comments. I would love to hear back about your experiences about travel to Shimla Himachal Pradesh.
Thanks a lot, great to have your viewership on visa2explore.